Tuesday 19 October 2010

On my bookshelf ... Richard Montanari

Richard Monatanari. This man, readers, is a genius of crime fiction.

Having read his novel 'Play Dead', I searched high and low for something else for another book by him so that I may be mesmerised and enthralled all over again. Then I found 'Kiss of Evil'.

Both books are similar in style: a detective protagonist, an array of interlinking stories and crime scenes, an undercurrent of magic (stage magic and the voodoo style). You sympathise with the main character, as you should, and find yourself attempting (without success) to predict what will happen next.

So, if you're in dire need of a fast-paced thriller and don't mind getting paper-cuts as the action in this page-turner accelarates, then I most definitely recommend any and all of Montanari's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so please share your thoughts! And make sure to check back for my reply :)

aj saul x

Related Posts with Thumbnails

friends