Saturday 25 September 2010

Africa 2010: All Aboard AJ's Amazing, Astounding And Alliterative African Adventure ... Awesome!

Sunday, 18th July 2010

Both my parents are from East Africa, but I’ve never had a chance to visit. This will change as from today.

The morning is a mega rush. I don’t know why I always pack my bags at the last minute, because I always manage to forget/lose something. This time it’s my USB, which is definitely not good. I do, however, make it to the airport on time and met the rest of the volunteers. They’re a great bunch of people, which makes me happy. I’m looking forward to spending the next three weeks with them.

We say farewell to our families, board the plane and fly off to Tanzania. Half of us are on one flight, the other half on another and I’m in charge of looking after the girls (and Rahim) on the earlier one. Lucky them.

Rahim is one of my best friends. He is the one person I would choose to sit next to on a long-ass flight, just because he’s hilarious. We make the mistake of watching Twilight: New Moon. Not only is it a bad film, but now he and I have been dubbed Jacob and Edward, respectively, by the female contingent. Using the onboard phones, we prank call the other volunteers, realising more and more that these nicknames are of the permanent variety…

aj saul

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so please share your thoughts! And make sure to check back for my reply :)

aj saul x

Related Posts with Thumbnails

friends